2017 Formula 1 Gran-Prix of Azerbaijan
In accordance with the Order of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, No. 2702 dated 02.03.2017, on simplifying visa issuance prosedures for foreigners and stateless persons arriving in the Republic of Azerbaijan related to the organization and conduct of 2017 Formula 1 Gran-Prix of Azerbaijan, visas will be issued at the structural units of Consular Departments of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan located at the international airports of the Republic of Azerbaijan between May 15-July 15, 2017. Basic documents for visa issuance are as follows:
1. The card or another document approving accreditation in accordance with relevant rules of “Formula One Management Limited”Company and International Automobile Federation, the international organizers of Formula 1 races;
2. The card approving accreditation at the Baku City Circuit Operations Company.
Meanwhile, foreigners and stateless persons arriving in the Republic of Azerbaijan for 2017 Formula 1 Gran-Prix of Azerbaijan (Only 81 countries - on the list of approved countries according to the Order of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan No.923, dated June 01, 2016 on establishing “ASAN Visa” system) will be able to get electronic visa through “ASAN Visa” system.
IV Islamic Solidarity Games
- According to the Order of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan No. 2703, dated 02.03.2017 on several actions in regards with the organization and conduct of the IV Islamic Solidarity Games, the appropriately accredited foreigners and stateless persons may go to and from the Republic of Azerbaijan without a visa based on a passport or other travel documents and the accreditation card from April 1 until July 1, 2017.
- During the organization and conduct of the IV Islamic Solidarity Games the working permit is not required for the appropriately accredited foreigners and stateless persons involved to the labor activities in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Simplification of visa procedures for foreigners and stateless persons traveling to the Republic of Azerbaijan in connection with the Final Round of the 2017 CEV Volleyball European Championship – Women.
Please note that foreigners and stateless persons traveling to the Republic of Azerbaijan in connection with the Final Round of the 2017 CEV Volleyball European Championship – Women scheduled for September 20 – October 1, 2017 may get a visa from the representatives of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan at the international airports of Azerbaijan upon arrival.
To get a visa upon arrival foreigners and stateless persons should present one of the following documents:
- Proof of permanent accreditation of a person in accordance with the applicable rules of the European Volleyball Confederation (CEV);
- A ticket to the championship or proof of the possession of a ticket.
Foreigners and stateless persons can apply for a visa within the following period of time:
- August 15 – October 15, 2017 – persons involved in the organization of the event and permanently accredited in accordance with the rules of the European Volleyball Confederation;
- September 1 – October 10, 2017 – delegations and members of teams participating in the championship;
- September 10 – October 5, 2017 – journalists permanently accredited in accordance with the rules of the European Volleyball Confederation, as well as persons who have tickets to Final Round of the 2017 CEV Volleyball European Championship.
Likewise, foreigners and stateless persons from the list of countries approved in according to the Article 4.2. of the Decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan # 923, on June 1, 2016, traveling to the Republic of Azerbaijan in connection with the championship may get visas through the “ASAN Visa” system. Foreigners and stateless persons can get detailed information about and apply for electronic visas at www.evisa.gov.az.
The Republic of Azerbaijan issues 2 types of visas – entry and transit visas - to foreigners and stateless people.
1. Entry visa;
- A single- entry visa allows only one entry-exit to the country within this period.
- A multiple entry visa is valid for 2 years. This visa type allows a person to enter and exit the country several times within relevant period.
A period of staying in the country is limited by a validity period of a visa. A visa becomes invalid if it is not used during its validity period.
2. A single-entry and a double-entry transit visas are issued to foreigners and stateless persons who pass through the Republic of Azerbaijan to a destination outside Azerbaijan. Validity period of a transit visa is 30 days, while staying period in the country is 5 days. Transit visas are granted on the basis of circumstances of a particular transit itinerary, use of air, water, railway and other types of transport means and for a necessary period of time.
Foreigners and stateless persons may obtain entry visas if they come to the country for the following purposes:
- private visit
Diplomatic or service category entry visas are issued to persons who come to the country for official purposes.
Documents required for visa issuance
In accordance with article 36 of the Migration Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the following documents are required for visa issuance:
1. Sample of application form approved by an appropriate authority of executive power (a sample is attached);
2. Passport or other travel document and copies of their main pages;
3. Two color photographs (3x4cm) matching with biometric identification requirements;
4. A copy of medical insurance certificate (if a host does not undertake to pay for medical services);
5. Document certifying payment of a state duty for visa issuance;
6. Application submitted by a party inviting a foreigner and a stateless person to the Republic of Azerbaijan, a sample (a sample is attached) of which is approved by an appropriate authority of the executive power, a registered copy of a certificate (for non-governmental organizations), a document proving the purpose of an invitation (these documents are not required for transit, tourism, official and personal travel visas);
7. In addition to the documents set forth in article 36.1 of this Code a notarized copy of a birth certificate, a permission of parents or a legitimate representative and copies of identification documents are required for issuance of visa to foreigners and stateless persons under 18 holders of a passport travelling without his/her parent or a legitimate representative.
Amount of a state duty for visa issued by the CONSULATE GENERAL for Iranian citizens is as following:
Transit visa and single entry visa - 20 US dollars
Multiple entry visa - 350 US dollars
FOREIGNERS AND STATELESS PERSONS’ REGISTRATION UPON PLACE OF STAY
IN THE REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN
Foreigners or stateless persons temporarily staying in the Republic of Azerbaijan for more than 10 days should be registered upon place of stay. For this purpose, management of the place of stay of the foreigner or stateless person or owner of the residential area should submit the application for registration upon place of stay and copy of the passport (other border crossing document) of that person to the State Migration Service through official website (www.migration.gov.az) of the State Migration Service of Azerbaijan Republic, e-mail (email@example.com) or in person within 10 days after arrival of the person in the country.
Foreigners and stateless persons can also apply themselves in aforementioned way for registration upon place of stay.
No state fee is required for registration upon place of stay of foreigners and stateless persons.