The Republic of Azerbaijan issues 2 types of visas – entry and transit visas - to foreigners and stateless people.
- Entry visa;
- A single- entry visa allows only one entry-exit to the country within this period.
- A multiple entry visa is valid for 2 years. This visa type allows a person to enter and exit the country several times within relevant period.
A period of staying in the country is limited by a validity period of a visa. A visa becomes invalid if it is not used during its validity period.
- A single-entryand a double-entry transit visas are issued to foreigners and stateless persons who pass through the Republic of Azerbaijan to a destination outside Azerbaijan. Validity period of a transit visa is 30 days, while staying period in the country is 5 days. Transit visas are granted on the basis of circumstances of a particular transit itinerary, use of air, water, railway and other types of transport means and for a necessary period of time.
Foreigners and stateless persons may obtain entry visas if they come to the country for the following purposes:
- private visit
Diplomatic or service category entry visas are issued to persons who come to the country for official purposes.
Documents required for visa issuance
In accordance with article 36 of the Migration Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the following documents are required for visa issuance:
36.1.2. Passport or other travel document (a validity period of a passport or other travel document should exceed a validity period of an expected visa at least by 3 months) and copies of their main pages;
36.1.3. Two color photographs (3x4cm) matching with biometric identification requirements;
36.1.4. A copy of medical insurance certificate (if a host does not undertake to pay for medical services);
36.1.5. Document certifying payment of a state duty for visa issuance;
36.1.6. Application submitted by a party inviting a foreigner and a stateless person to the Republic of Azerbaijan, a sample (a sample is attached) of which is approved by an appropriate authority of the executive power, a registered copy of a certificate (for non-governmental organizations), a document proving the purpose of an invitation (these documents are not required for transit, tourism, official and personal travel visas);
36.1.7. Relevant documents set forth in articles 25-34 of this Code, depending on the purpose of travel.
36.2. In addition to the documents set forth in article 36.1 of this Code a notarized copy of a birth certificate, a permission of parents or a legitimate representative and copies of identification documents are required for issuance of visa to foreigners and stateless persons under 18 holders of a passport travelling without his/her parent or a legitimate representative.
36.3. An amount of a state duty for visa issuance is determined by an appropriate law of the Republic of Azerbaijan. State duty for visa issuance is not reimbursed regardless the result of processing of apply.
Following documents shall be submitted for visa issuance at a visa section of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan at the International Airport named after Haydar Aliyev; visa sections of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan at the International Airport in Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic, at Ganja International Airport; at Lankaran International Airport; at Gabala International Airport; at Zagatala International Airport of the Republic of Azerbaijan:
- 1 application form (sample is attached);
- A passport of a foreigner and an identity card of a stateless person;
- A receipt about payment of state duty for visa issuance.
Attention! A validity period of a passport or other travel document should exceed a validity period of an expected visa at least by 3 months.
State fee rates required for visa issuance and their payment procedures
- In accordance with articles 16.1.6 and 16.1.7 of Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan on “State fee”, foreigners and stateless persons visiting the Republic of Azerbaijan are charged state fee for visa issuance at the following rates:
For single entry visa – USD 20
Multiple entry visa – USD 350
Transit visas – USD 20
List of countries (link)